Ищут амбициозного полиглота с большим опытом переводов и, желательно, опытом в международных отношениях, который станет связующим звеном между наших языком и языками ООН
- Revises translations covering a broad range of subjects dealt with by the United Nations, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards
- Translates, mostly without revision, texts covering a broad range of subjects dealt with by the United Nations, particularly those subjects requiring experience and recognized proficiency, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards. Makes full use of standard computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools and actively contributes to their utilization and implementation of any related IT tools and improvements
- Develops new terminology for use where none exists in the target language
- Carries out linguistic research and provides input to multilingual terminology databases and related reference tools
- Counsels and assists translators and briefs them on the procedures and practices of the Section, terminology and a broad range of subjects, as required
- Participates in the setting of terminology standards
- Supervises the work of small groups of translators
- Assists the Chief of Section in managerial, administrative, operational, and supervisory responsibilities of the Section, including by acting as First Reporting Officer, as required
- Acts as Programming Officer, as required
- Performs other related duties as required
- A first-level degree from a university or institution of equivalent status is required. Candidates for this position must have passed the relevant combined United Nations Language Competitive Examination for Russian Translators/Précis-writers, Editors, Verbatim Reporters and Copy Preparers/Proofreaders/Production Editors or a relevant United Nations language competitive examination for Russian Translators held before 2017
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in translation, précis-writing, editing, self-revision, verbatim-reporting, copy preparing, proofreading or production editing is required.
- Out of the aforementioned experience, three (3) years of experience at the United Nations or a similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the use of standard computer-assisted-translation (CAT) tools is desirable.
- Experience of translation in a broad range of subjects dealt with by the United Nations (political, social, legal, economic, financial, administrative, scientific and technical), with a specialization in a particular substantive or technical area is desirable.
- Experience of self-revision is desirable
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in Russian, which must be the candidate's main language, is required. Knowledge of English, as tested by the relevant United Nations language competitive examination, is also required. Knowledge of one other United Nations official language, as tested by the relevant United Nations language competitive examination, is desirable